Tuesday, May 11, 2010


What would it be like to be a sleepwalker? How would it feel to experience narcolepsy? Although it's nothing to be taken lightly, sometimes inappropriate thoughts inadvertently pop into my mind, and once in awhile thinking of narcolepsy leads me to ponder the awkwardness that would ensue if one were to have a sudden sleep attack in the middle of sex. I suppose that would only be funny for those who haven't done that or had someone fall asleep on top of them. Sleepwalking, on the other hand, reminds me of the story of an uncle of mine who, during a famous sleepwalking episode when he was a child, proceeded to enter the shoe closet and pee into my grandfather's shoes. I never claimed to have a pure mind, nor to understand the intricacies of sleepwalking and narcolepsy. I'm sure most of the individuals who deal with these conditions don't urinate on other people's belongings or fall asleep naked on top of others during an inopportune moment. However, I can appreciate the potentially awkward situations that could ensue, PC or not. I don't currently know anyone who sleepwalks or suffers from narcolepsy, but I'm going to keep my shoes locked up all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment