Saturday, May 22, 2010

LOL



























One of the running Internet jokes that I can't get enough of is the Lolcat phenomenon. According to Wikipedia, the fad originally started in 2005 or 2006 and is based on forum interactions, where people are constantly looking to joke or poke fun, photoshop, and where fast typing and posting inevitably lead to poor grammar, spelling or inarticulate abbreviations (e.g. "teh" and "ur"). Lolcats involve funny pictures of cats with silly captions written with poor grammar and spelling, thus trying to provoke an "lol" ("laugh out loud"). The Lolcats never cease to amuse me--I have the "I made you a cookie" Lolcat as my desktop background at work, and he/she always serves as a great morale booster when the going gets rough. I've included a few Lolcats for your perusal. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment