Sunday, July 18, 2010

Water Cooler Convos


Sometimes at my consulting job off-site (outside of my office) I hear the oddest snippets of conversation. One time, while the girl in the office next to me (whose voice carries quite a ways) was less than calmly putting the final touches on her wedding planning, an event that was scheduled for that weekend, I overheard her barking orders multiple times to someone to make sure her strapless bra was in a specific bag of hers. Is it just me, or was it never really appropriate to discuss your underwear loud enough for everyone else at work to hear? I decided things were probably getting down to the wire and Bridezilla was having her moment. I excused that one. But the middle-aged woman (whose voice also carries down the hall) talking about having sex with her husband? I might have to draw the line there. As thrilled as I am for her that she's still getting a piece now and then, I'd rather not have to hear about it. Am I right? Anyone? Bueller?

No comments:

Post a Comment