Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer in a Suit


Today on my way to work I saw two men entering a building in suits--slacks, long-sleeved button-down shirts, suit jackets and all. Unless they drove from their home directly to the office, which would still require some amount of walking outside because there were no underground garages for the building in which they were entering, I really can't comprehend how they didn't collapse from heat stroke right in the doorway. Just walking a few blocks in jeans and a tank top in the scorching sun and humidity-infused air made me want to throw up my hands and melt into a puddle of fluids in the middle of the sidewalk and slowly evaporate away during the course of the inferno-like day. Luckily I made it to my refrigerated office before such a notion took hold of me. Men may revel in how women manage to do certain things, like walk in high heels, get dolled-up, and juggle careers, households, and raising kids, but I'll just never be able to fathom how guys can walk around in summertime ostensibly dressed for the comings of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment