Monday, June 7, 2010

It Must Be Global Warming



It's hard not to notice the completely erratic DC weather this year. First come the immense snow storms (immense for this area of the country at least). Then the odd "Indian summer" days appear towards the second half of a frigid winter. Was it just me or did spring not even make it onto the scene this year? Then the delirium-provoking heat and humidity arrived (even more so when you walk to work in slacks) in the final days of May and first week of June. I was just setting my jaw and getting ready to grin and bear the swampy sweltering mess that is summer in DC. Imagine my surprise when I traipsed outside in my flouncy black skirt to go to work, prepared to get knocked over by a humid heat wave, when lo and behold I had goosebumps while walking in the shade because the temperature was back in the 60's. Now I'm no meteorologist or climatologist, but something fishy's going on here! Apart from the importance of avoiding a global climate disaster, I'd like to know from time to time what in blazes I should be wearing to venture outside. I guess I'll just have to stick to Weather.com, which tells me it's "partly cloudy" when in fact it's thunderstorming outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment