Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Few Daily Thought Bubbles




-Old habits die hard: Although I've been trying for some time now to go to bed at a reasonable hour, my body has adapted to night owl scheduling and the rest of me suffers the fatigue-filled consequences during the day. It's fascinating how well the body is capable of adapting to whatever schedule you put it on--the trouble is getting it to change schedules!

-One of many difficult animal situations to behold is stray populations and abandoned pets. After seeing a few documentaries, I thought the US was bad, but I was unprepared for what kind of sights I'd take in during my time in South America (and I'm sure most if not all developing nations face similar issues). If I was a millionaire, I would invest a great deal of money into setting up as many animal adoption centers and shelters as possible on an international scale. I often wish people would be more conscientious about other life forms.

-To piggyback off the last thought, how often do you think about what you would do if you had the money, or if you had the time, etc. etc.? Somewhat contrary to the "NOW watch" image above, sometimes the present is not a realistic time to do what you have in mind. Still, often it's never the "right time" to do something lofty, so when will you do it? Perhaps baby steps are the best way to get started and things will continue on from there. After all, there are plenty of people who aren't millionaires who still make strides towards supporting causes they believe to merit money, time, effort, or all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment